Here we see five variations on the basic J antenna (aka J-pole). Key takeaways include:
- The basic J and SlimJIM configurations operate identically for all practical purposes.
- The Super J is an easy way to obtain gain towards the horizon.
- The 5/8ths Super J represents the most bang for the buck for gain.
- The Collinear J provides the benefits of the Super Js in a slim package.
- If on a conductive mast (red) a mast decoupling stub (green) provides essential RF isolation while preserving a direct path to ground.