Patent application US20170201002A1
Another click of the USPTO’s rusty ratchet yields the publication of my patent application concerning the taming of mast currents from the ubiquitous J antenna by use of a mast decoupling stub.
This patent process has been going on for quite some time.
- December 2014 – measured data verifies problem with the J antenna and confirms adequacy of proposed solution;
- January 8th, 2015 – Presentation entitled “The J-Pole Antenna: Myths and Facts” given to members of AMRAD establishing public publication date;
- January 7th, 2016 – Provisional patent application filed;
- January 6th, 2017 – Non-provisional utility patent filed;
- July 13th, 2017 – Non-provisional utility patent application US20170201002A1 published by the USPTO.
It will likely be another couple years before the next action by the overwhelmed USPTO. Living long enough to see a patent through the process is almost as hard as writing them.